Frequently Asked Questions

Question: How can I apply to universities that are members of WBSUA?

Answer: You can apply according to the results of the international student’s examination given by WBSUA.

Question: What is foreign student’s examination? (FSE)

Answer: It is an examination to which foreign students who would like to study at the universities in Turkey can take and whose results will be needed for the application.

Question: Is there any age limit to take the exam?

Answer: No, there is no age limit.

Question: How many times can I take the exam? Is there any number limit to take the exam?

Answer: There is no number limit to take the exam.

Question: Which countries are the ones where FSE Application is widespread?

Answer: Although the number of the candidates according to their country changes each year, students who have Azerbaijan, Iran, Turkmenistan, Greece, Bulgaria and Germany passport are prevailing.

Question: What is residence permit?

Answer: It is a residence permit document given by the authorized constable to foreigners who would like to stay more than the period declared in their visa.

Question: What is the duration of the residence permit?

Answer: The residence permit can be given for a period of at most 5 years at a time and can be extended four times according to the purpose of stay.

Question: Do foreigners who come to Turkey have to get residence permit?

Answer: The foreigners who come to Turkey for a period of 90 days do can stay in Turkey without residence permit, but those who would like to stay more have to get the document according to their purpose of stay.

Question: What should I do to extend my residence permit?

Answer: You need to apply to the related police station before the allowed duration is over or at most within 15 days after the last day of your allowed period. If you ignore this period, you will have to pay more money.

Question: Can I get residence permit without my passport?

Answer: No, your passport is needed for residence permit according to the law.

Question: Can I apply to the other universities with FSE result?

Answer: Yes.

Question: Do I have to get a visa?

Answer: Yes. You must apply to Turkish Embassy at your country with your letter of invitation and get your student visa.

Question: Can I register with a visa except for student visa?

Answer: No.

Question: Can I register with a visa whose validity date is over?

Answer: No.

Question: How can I get my residence permit?

Answer: After you have been registered to the university, you need to apply to the police station in the city where your university is located with your student visa and student certificate you will get from your university where you have been registered.

Question: Can the foreigners get ID number? If yes, where should I apply?

Answer: The foreigners who stay in Turkey more than six months can get ID number. For this, you need to apply the police station of the city where your university is located.